Birthdays have always been a celebration that we always look forward to. Back then, we just can’t wait to welcome our next exciting birthday parties. However, as we grow older we tend to overlook the importance of celebrating our birthday.
Sometimes, all we want is just to enjoy our favorite drink or meal, and just call it a day. But what if we can do it in one of the most exciting cities in Texas? You can visit Houston to find countless exciting things to do while you’re there.
Since it’s your birthday, it’s a great idea for you to know how to celebrate your birthday in Houston, especially if you take your friends and family along.
So, make sure you check out the following ideas on how to celebrate your birthday in one of the most exciting cities in Texas that we have gathered for you below.
Table of Contents
- BEST Activities to Celebrate Your Birthday in Houston
- 1. Dining in the Dark at The Secret Garden
- 2. Skydive Spaceland
- 3. Murder Mystery Dinner at The Dinner Detective
- 4. Houston Arboretum & Nature Center Night Hike
- 5. Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park
- 6. Play Till Drop at the Cidercade
- 7. Rooftop and Chill at Rooftop Cinema Club Uptown
- 8. Compete at the Game Show Challenge
- 9. Artsy Part at Color Factory
- 10. Enjoy Crafted Cocktails at Z in 23 Rooftop
- 11. Rage Party at Tantrums
- 12. Birthday Dining and Bowling at Pinstripes
- 13. Bar Crawling with Pedal Party
- 14. Axe Throwing Party at Ratchet Hatchet
- 15. Solve Adventurous Mission at Escape Hunt
- 16. Birthday Dinner at the Melting Pot
- 17. Private Dining at Brenner’s Steakhouse
- 18. Experience Real Life Battle at Battlefield Houston
- 19. Rave Party at Axelrad
- 20. Go Karting at Track 21
- 21. Eat, Drink, Golf
- 22. Have an Underwater Dinner
- 23. Join the Cultural Art Scene at Avantgarden
- 24. Fancy Karaoke at Glitter Karaoke
- 25. Dance Worry-Free at Etro Nightclub
- Final Thoughts
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
BEST Activities to Celebrate Your Birthday in Houston
With limitless possibilities to have a blast while celebrating your birthday in Houston, below we have listed down several exciting, fun, and challenging activities that you can do with your friends and family.
1. Dining in the Dark at The Secret Garden
Spending your birthday with your loved ones in Houston is not complete without a unique dining experience at the Secret Garden.
You can enjoy a unique culinary adventure in complete darkness with a price of around $100/pax. Although it’s a bit pricey, it offers a surprising and enjoyable experience to remember.
- Location: 409 Travis St., Houston, TX 77002
- Experience: Enjoy a unique culinary adventure in complete darkness, heightening your other senses.
- Price: Around $100 per person
- Reviews: Guests often rave about the surprising and enjoyable experience, though it’s a bit on the pricier side.
2. Skydive Spaceland
Houston also offers excitement for thrill-seekers, and you can skydive at the Skydive Spaceland by taking the plunge from 14,000 feet to celebrate your birthday.
Located at 16111 FM 521 Rd., Roushon, TX, you will need to spend $220 for a tandem jump and no need to worry because the facility is known for its safe and friendly instructor.
- Location: 16111 FM 521 Rd., Rosharon, TX 77583
- Experience: For the thrill-seekers, take the plunge from 14,000 feet on your birthday.
- Price: Tandem jumps start around $220 per person
- Reviews: Skydive Spaceland is known for its safety and friendly instructors, making it a hit for first-time jumpers.
3. Murder Mystery Dinner at The Dinner Detective
Since you’ll be celebrating your birthday in Houston, then why go for the usual dinner when you can have it more memorable and unique?
Have the Murder Mystery Dinner at The Dinner Detective and participate in an interactive murder mystery dinner theater. With only $60 per person, you can have an engaging performance and good food, too!
- Location: 1600 Bar + Grille, 1600 Lamar St., Houston, TX 77010
- Experience: Participate in an interactive murder mystery dinner theater.
- Price: Tickets start at around $60 per person.
- Reviews: A fun and interactive evening; guests enjoy the engaging performance and good food.
4. Houston Arboretum & Nature Center Night Hike
Enjoying nature will make a wonderful birthday experience and in Houston, you can explore nature trails at night and learn about the nocturnal wildlife.
It offers a great educational and unique experience for the kids as well, and you will only need to pay $30 per person. Houston Arboretum & Nature Center Night Hike is located at 4501 Woodway Dr., Houston.
- Location: 4501 Woodway Dr., Houston, TX 77024
- Experience: Explore nature trails at night and learn about nocturnal wildlife.
- Price: Night hikes are around $30 per person.
- Reviews: An educational and unique experience; great for nature lovers.
5. Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park
If you love extreme sports, then make sure you visit the Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park while you are in Houston.
You can experience adrenaline-pumping rides like bungee jumping and skycoaster, or you can also find more packages with prices ranging from $30. This place is perfect for thrill-seekers, but do make sure you check the weight restrictions for all attractions.
- Location: 11131 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77031
- Experience: Experience adrenaline-pumping rides like bungee jumping and skycoaster.
- Price: Various packages available; individual rides start at around $30.
- Reviews: Perfect for thrill-seekers; visitors love the rush but recommend checking weight restrictions.
6. Play Till Drop at the Cidercade
We just love arcade games, don’t we? Playing arcade games can be even more fun if you do it with your friends on your birthday, especially if you can grab some drinks after the thrilling battles.
At Cidercade Houston, you can get unlimited access to their humongous arcade collection with only $10 admission. You can also enjoy 48 taps of adult beverages and food trucks during the play. It opens daily from 10am to 12am.
7. Rooftop and Chill at Rooftop Cinema Club Uptown
After months and years of watching home movies during the pandemic, it is now time for you to go outside and watch a good movie at a real cinema.
In Houston, you can have the most unique birthday celebration at the Rooftop Cinema Club Uptown. Located above a Whole Foods garage, you can enjoy great movies and priceless city views at the same time. With only $21,50, we can guarantee that you will get a comfy lounge seat with a pack of popcorn.
8. Compete at the Game Show Challenge
A birthday party won’t be fun without party games. If you celebrate your birthday in Houston, go to The Game Show Challenge and you will be able to compete with your party guests in a real live game show.
Numerous rounds of unique game show challenges are available to keep your friends and family engaged, which may lead to an unforgettable birthday celebration. Do note that you can get this experience for $34,95 per person.
9. Artsy Part at Color Factory
If you are looking for exciting ideas on how to celebrate your 30th birthday in Houston, or simply looking for things to do in Houston for your birthday, then you can try to go to Color Factory.
This art museum has a very great reputation and almost everyone raves about it. Each room offers different snacks such as ice cream, macaroons and popcorn, making it such an artsy and fun way to celebrate a birthday. The admission starts from $36.49 per pax.
10. Enjoy Crafted Cocktails at Z in 23 Rooftop
Are you currently in search of something different that Houston has to offer? Get yourself and your besties to Z in 23 Rooftop. Just like its name, it is located on the rooftop of a 23-floor building.
You can also book the place for private events, both in the Z rooftop or Zutro restaurant downstairs. The place is open daily but they will close the restaurant to public if they have a private event. So make sure to check their website for updates.
11. Rage Party at Tantrums
We all need to let out our anger and negative emotions every once in a while, especially since adulthood tends to make us feel overwhelmed quite easily. If you are looking for uncommon ways to celebrate your 30th birthday in Houston, you can go to Tantrums.
In this facility, you can let out all of your frustrations by destroying stuff that they provide intentionally to be destroyed. Plus, it will cost you only $35 for 5 minutes in the room.
12. Birthday Dining and Bowling at Pinstripes
Pinstripes is a well known bowling alley and restaurant in Houston. You can walk in and pay $35 for two hours of bowling games.
If you prefer to host your private birthday party without involving other visitors, you can choose to book your birthday celebration for a private event. Pinstripes provide various rooms to accommodate starting from 20 to as big as 1.200 people. They open daily from 12pm to 10pm.
13. Bar Crawling with Pedal Party
Have you considered to have some unusual things to do in Houston for your birthday? Say no more, because Pedal Party is the one thing you should try. How often can you have your birthday celebration on wheels?
You can enjoy beer together, or you can also bring your own drinks and snacks, too. Plus, you are also allowed to play some music while you’re on the road. It costs anywhere from $26-$40 per person for 10-15 people, and in our opinion, this activity is definitely worth it.
14. Axe Throwing Party at Ratchet Hatchet
If you and your friends love challenges, you can try to beat each other at Ratchet Hatchet. Ratchet Hatchet is an axe house where you can throw axes to a target.
We must say that it’s a little extreme to do to celebrate a birthday, but you can have once in a lifetime experience here. Ratchet Hatchet opens daily and costs $35 per person for 90 minutes duration.
15. Solve Adventurous Mission at Escape Hunt
We all love mission games and probably spent half of our childhood imagining how it would feel to go on a treasure hunt adventure.
Well, now your dream can come true, because Escape Hunt Houston offers different themes of escape rooms that you can try. They offer different themes such as fantasy and pirates just like how we imagine it. It cost $35.95 per player and we can go in groups for up to 6 players.
You might also like:
16. Birthday Dinner at the Melting Pot
There are so many restaurants to choose from when it comes to birthday dinner in Houston. But if you are looking for the perfect dinner for two, we recommend Melting Pot as your choice.
The menus are relatively affordable for its quality, which cost you only $105 for a complete four course meal for two people. You can also book for group events and enjoy the best fondue in town with your loved ones.
17. Private Dining at Brenner’s Steakhouse
If you are looking for the best places to celebrate your birthday in Houston, you better not skip Brenner’s on the Bayou. Yes, it offers a different experience not like any other steakhouses.
If you want to celebrate your birthday with friends and family, you can choose the sharing menu, which will cost you around $13 each. The place opens daily from 5pm to 10pm, and sometimes they also hold special events.
18. Experience Real Life Battle at Battlefield Houston
Want to have that gaming experience in real life? Battlefield Houston got you covered. It is an urban combat simulation that takes laser tag to the next level.
Basically it will feels like as if you play the game online, but this time, it’s real. They also accommodate private events such as birthday parties for up to 10 to 50 players. Plus, it costs only $180 for 30 minutes of game time.
19. Rave Party at Axelrad
Being 25 means you are entering the quarter life crisis zone. And what do we do when we hit that number? Yes, we rave. Axelrad is a beer garden that provides different spaces to book for private events.
The prices vary but it started with only $25 per table in the garden, where you can sit with a group of up to 10 people comfortably. You can also book a Bougier space with DJ service and that will make a great 25th birthday party idea in Houston.
20. Go Karting at Track 21
We know that Go Kart is often associated with kids, but you will probably change your mind once you get to Track 21, which is a Go Kart space.
If you book their private party service, not only you will get to choose the race time, but you will also get a private race line and even an add-in private room for dinner or cakes. Moreover, it is also budget friendly since they allow you to bring your own beverages. Cost started from $250 for a private race up to 8 drivers.
21. Eat, Drink, Golf
If you prefer golf over other activities for your birthday celebration in Houston, you can try and go to Loft 18. It is a sports bar and grill where they provide golf simulation for you and your friends amusement.
You can also plan your very own private event with a multi-functional simulator, delicious food & drink, music & entertainment, outdoor patio, table games, and even dance-floor, basically everything that a good party needs.
22. Have an Underwater Dinner
No place will give you an unforgettable experience quite like underwater Dining Adventures.
You can have your mermaid fantasy here, as you are seated around a floor to ceiling 150,000 gallon aquarium, home to over 100 species of aquatic life from around the world. They are open from 11am to 8:30pm on weekdays and up to 10pm on weekends.
They offer birthday packages but the infos are only available for kids so far. However, you can book your own private event by filling the event request form on their website.
23. Join the Cultural Art Scene at Avantgarden
If you consider yourself as edgy, like things that are truly unique and love to contribute in small but meaningful communities, then the Avantgarden can be the best place to celebrate your birthday in Houston.
They hold events you can join on a daily basis. But other than that, you can also book your very own private event whether it is a birthday party, arts, or something in between.
You might also like:
24. Fancy Karaoke at Glitter Karaoke
Karaoke is an appropriate activity to do on birthdays. There is also no shame in taking it to the next step and making it fancy. Glitter Karaoke is the place where you can party, drink, dance, and of course, sing.
If singing in front of the crowd is not your thing, you can always request a private event. The food in this place is also awesome and very affordable starting from only $2.
25. Dance Worry-Free at Etro Nightclub
To celebrate your special day in Houston, you can always go to a nightclub. It is the time when you can let go of some of your life burdens and anxiety and just dance worry free.
Etro nightclub offers different types of fun events you can enjoy with friends. The viscous 80s vibe definitely makes this place different. However, they fuse 80s music with modern EDMs too. They are open from Thursday to Sunday from 9pm to 2am.
Houston is surely an exciting city to celebrate a birthday. From nightclubs to unforgettable dinner experience, we believe you will find more options on how to celebrate your special day in the city.
Bring your friends and family along and let them be part of your unforgettable birthday celebration to create lasting memories.
- 25 Out-of-the-box Cosplay Ideas from The Famous Low Cost Cosplay Guy
- 25 Valentines Food Gifts for Your Foodie Friend
- 25 Romantic and Personalized Valentine Gifts
- 25 Cheap Valentine’s Day Gifts
- 26 Valentine Gifts for Toddlers On The Lovely Day
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is a unique way to celebrate your birthday in Houston?
There are so many unique ways to celebrate your birthday in Houston. From escape hunt, real life battle fields, bar crawling on pedals, to smashing things with sledgehammers.
Houston just has so many to offer. If you are not interested in extreme activities, you can always chill and enjoy drinks or have a humble birthday dinner.
How can I celebrate my birthday without a party in Houston?
You can, for example, watch movies on the rooftop. It will be a fun, humble, yet a different experience. You can also visit art museums like the Color Factory to simply admire the beauty of modern arts. Don’t forget that you can also spend your coins at the arcade all day.
How do you celebrate a perfect birthday in Houston?
Celebrating a perfect birthday is actually easier than we think. We just need a day off, an activity to do, good drinks and food and maybe some company if you want to.
However, it doesn’t have to be fancy or over the top. A perfect birthday party can be as simple as having dinner but it will be perfect if you are grateful for everything you get and don’t forget to thank yourself.